Sunday, April 20, 2008

This mighty warrior....

As I am recovering from frostbite, I found it necessary to update the masses on my exciting life. As of recently, I have a mini me, and am excited about the mentorship, as well as opportunity to speak into her life about the necessities of fashion, pursuing skinniness and the like. I must admit, having a mini me is flattering, as well as important for every young celebrity, and it kind of just fell in my lap, but I'm excited for it.
Breaking news, mighty warrior was announced today, and I was a little beside myself because I wasn't the recipient, but I guess Megan Gaylord soared above in all categories of niceness, and sainthood, and for once in my life, I just couldn't compete. I'm glad to keep it in the family at least, seeing how she is now my part time roommate.
On to other things, we played 2 softball games in the blistering cold of Klamath Falls, Oregon on Saturday and I've never been more miserable. For the first time in my life, holding that bat in my hands didn't feel right. We are currently still in a playoff race despite the losses and look forward to bigger and better things as the season goes on. We are currently ranked 5th in the region as well as standing still at 4th place in conference. Now, let me play out a few scenarios for you. If OIT is to drop 2, one to Southern as well as split with Concordia and score 3 runs in the 7th inning, we could still have a shot at the 3rd playoff spot. But this of course would mean that Southern would have to drop 2 to OIT as well as split with Northwest Christian, as well as going extra innings. I'd like to think we still have a chance, after all, these next few double headers are the biggest games of the season.
As far as other softball news, I'm looking to go out with a bang, hopefully going to hit 3 home runs in one single game, as my great mentor and friend once did. I only have 8 more games to conquer this feat in....
In terms of wedding bells, you may be hearing them from me around September, as I am planning to get married in Hawaii with an all inclusive vacation. Although I won't have most of my friends there, the two most important things will, John and an opportunity to get tan.
Well friends, 13 more days until graduation which means 13 more days until freedom, which to me, smells as good as a slim fast for dinner.

..........this is Batey, signing off....

1 comment:

Tres Dorrs said...

that's funny. I noticed my trip home wasn't mentioned. I assume I'll be getting a entry dedicated to just me?