Tuesday, December 11, 2007

On the 1st day of Christmas....

Hey, long time no post. Here's the thing, I've been busy spreading Christmas cheer and working that 9-5 at Vikkis.
But here's the deal. Friday night, the biggest and badest Christmas party of the year went down.... I wore a NAUGHTY shirt, but I didn't get many compliments on it, which is kind of surprising considering I'm usually the main focus of the softball team. The night started out with Nikki coming over to decorate and help out at Apt. 200. We actually only put up the snow globe lights, but they turned out to be a hit. Nikki thought it would be funny to steal a picture frame from Sear's room with a picture of Sear and Andrea, and wrap it up. I actually didn't find it that humurous. But you know what, she's getting married in 5 days and she needs all the attention she can get.
We picked up all the food and headed back to set up shop. We got chips, pop, SPARKLING cidar, and made brownies and cookies. Kacie insisted that the sugar cookies be made into shapes, but her dough was a little too thick and the star of david looked like... not the star of David. Ohta showed up at the party and of course he was trying to get as much time under the misletoe as possible....
Shortly after Nikki arrived back with me and Kacie after we got the pizzas because Ashley, being the queen b that she is, totally left Nikki up at the basketball game solo. Everyone knows that it's an unwritten rule in apt 256, that you don't EVER let a roomate fly solo. I guess with the stress of Christmas and finals, Ashley forgot the golden rule.
Eventually Ashley came to the party too. I felt like a little kid at basketball practice, they are like my mom's, following me everywhere. But you know what? we are a family, and in 5 days, we won't be together anymore... so i'd like to think it was for the best that they came. Everyone on the team was asking about them. I heard some people whisper and say, "have we seen those girls on TV before?" I just laughed and was like, "those are my roomates".
So, the party went pretty late into the night, and surprisingly, I had a pretty decent time. The next morning, (Saturday) we headed out bright and early to Albany. We volunteered to spread Christmas cheer. We were passing out cookies and cards to 2nd avenue, and let me tell you, I've never spelt so much cat pee in one day. All in all, I had a pretty good time. I actually did almost die however, because someone's stairs were rather slippery. Sear acted like it was the funniest thing she had ever seen, I'd like to think if that was the last time she saw me alive, that she'd feel pretty bad about laughing so hard.
As far as other news, I am almost smoothe sailing into Christmas break. I have a final tomorrow, and that about cleans up shop for me. I can't believe I finally made it to graduate college. Seems like just yesterday I was living in Davidson and studying every chance I got. Man was I a geek! Luckily my modeling career really took a turn for the best halfway through my freshman year.
As far as the wedding, I am pretty pumped about it. Nikki is finally going to be married off and living the American dream in COLORADO, while I am here in Salem, being seasonal manager and Ashley is being smoozed via telephono by Nick.
Just an average day in Apt 256...

1 comment:

Tres Dorrs said...

couple things to work on, but first: Great blog. L-O-V-E-D it!!! But, maybe you shouldn't use our actual apartment number? you know that paps are after us night and day. Another thing, did you have to make me look like a complete loser being left at a basketball game? c'mon, skinnygirl.