Monday, December 3, 2007

Storm Alert...

Today was memorable. Slowly I am getting a glimpse as to what my whole life has been about. Up until this point.. I haven't really known, but now, with 2 more full days of classes left and a few finals... I will soon be a college graduate. I have been interviewed a few times with the Hilltop News in my career and they've always asked stuff like, "hey how'd you get so pretty?" or "how are you so good at softball? I heard you don't even go to practice" you know stuff like that, but my recent interview really caught me off guard.
They said, "Who are you? Where are you going? And how are you going to get there?" And you know what? For the life of me... I couldn't think of exactly what they wanted to know. Everyone knows I'm Lindsay Batey, I go to Corban College (for modeling) and I am already there, so I don't need to get there. But as I began to think about this a little further, I wasn't at all satisfied with my answer, and then it hit me, they were talking about climbing up the Vikki's management list, duh. So, anyhow, you'll see me being quoted saying "I'm going to be all-season manager, I am pursuing this to become the best angels girl there, and I am going to get there by hard work and determination." I didn't ask my rep if I could say all that political stuff, but I think it'll be ok...
As far as other news, Ashley took off her anonymous quote from her facebook because she remembered that her aunt and uncle read it, and she didn't think it was classy. And to be honest, it really wasn't, but I don't know when Ashley decided to turn the corner and become classy. Nikki went to Colorado this weekend to visit Dave because it was his birthday. Appropriately so, I asked her if she was going to wear her BIRTHDAY suit, but I just got a blank stare. I don't know, sometimes it's hard to tell if Nikki comprehends what you say, or if she is just giving you the cold shoulder...
I am working 35 hours this week, plus a management meeting. I am really starting to get behind the reigns over there at Vikki's. In fact, tonight, I closed all by myself, counted the tills and everything. I thought I overhead on my headset some of the other managers talking about making me the cover model for the spring sale catalog. So, keep your eyes peeled.
Sear and I volunteered to plan this Christmas party for the softball team. I think everyone wants me to plan it because they think they are going to get free panties or something. It's like, I am only seasonal manager, I can't get the big perks until I've been there for quite some time.
I count it another successful day in apartment 256.

....This is Batey... signing off....

1 comment:

Tres Dorrs said...

From Dave "That might have been the best one yet". Poeple love skinnygirl