Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St.Patrick's Day

Today marks the beginning of my detox (of food of course). I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I haven't gotten numerous compliments, just in the past 5 hours about how skinny I look. People can say what they want, "oh, it's because you're required to wear black at Vikki's and it's slimming" F that, I've lost about 2 lbs. At the rate I'm going I'll probably lose about a pound a day, which of course isn't healthy, but neither is being morbidly obese.
I had a pretty uneventful weekend, but going home has its perks. I got to hang out with Avery, go to church with the fam, and most importantly, get some cash from my parents. I worked a full shift Sunday and today, I was pleasantly surprised that practice was so short tonight, because the new season of the bachelor begins! It has a UK twist which I'm pretty excited about.
I've been pretty excited about the team kicking off conference play this coming Friday. We are traveling to Eastern Oregon where we'll begin the twin bill against the Mountaineers, followed shortly after the next day with two games against the 'Yotes. I'm excited to make a few plate appearances in, ideally I'd like to see a few pitches high and inside, or a fatty up the middle, but if I was being honest with myself, I'll probably see low and away as well as a change up.
Well, as you can imagine, I'm starving, I've got hardly anything in this stomach of mine... so I better eat some fruit, this is Batey, signing off....

No comments: