Tuesday, March 11, 2008

...just some thoughts...

As our clocks have sprung forward, naturally, I have decided to go against the grain and take a step back to evaluate my life. I have been thinking a lot lately how I rarely talk to Ashley and Nikki, two girls that I spent my entire life with for nearly a year and a half. Now, it's not like skinny girl to get sentimental, but I just want to take a moment of silence to recognize the fact that apt 256 will never be again. I guess now that Judy is gone, everything is really sinking in.
It's now time to start life. I "graduate" in about 2 months, and a lot of changes will be happening. Not only will I be done with softball for the rest of my life (RIP jersey #31), but I will also be forced into the workforce, leaving Vikki's (all I know), and expected to do this thing called life. Yeah some things will stay the same, free bread from my dad, John and I will still be together, and Avery will always be cute...but I just can't help but think about the all too soon changes.
Well, enough of Debbie Downer, let's talk about some exciting stuff. So, I've recently been recruited by a summer softball squad that will allow me to play May-August. I can't help but think this what I was made to do. Hopefully I will be playing under some intelligent coaches so that I can pick up a little more knowledge about the game along the way, since I'l'll be taking any head softball coaching position that I can get my hands on. Ideally, I'd like to go D-1, but i'll probably have to get my foot in the door first.
Sorry it's a short post tonight readers, but i've got a lot going on these days. Vikki's is really pushing me to the next level... and softball? I just can't get enough.

This is Batey....signing off.

No comments: