Thursday, March 27, 2008

love in this club...

You know, most people like to be with their family on Easter, or at least in their home state, but this year, I decided to mix things up a little bit, and Idaho was my destination. I can't say that playing whiffle ball, eating pizza and spending every waking minute with the squad was what I had in mind, but you know what? I'd like to think that Jesus didn't exactly have suffering on the cross on His to do list either. It's all about perspective.
I started on the road to recovery. I've consumed more calories in this last week than I have in the last 2 years. Things have started getting better.. yeah people have been noticing that I have been eating more, but what am I supposed to do? I never thought I'd say this, but sometimes you have to eat your feelings.
As for other news, Ive been loving march madness. I cancelled most of my commitments this week due to all the games. So far my bracket is doing pretty well. I'm in about 5 different pools, and have bet most of the money that I have. I was pretty excited about the upset, and I am so glad that Duke lost! I finally have a reason to live. I heard we have a softball game the day that the championship game is being played, but I already planned on calling in sick, I can't miss this game, I've got a lot riding on it!
I've been having a week long slumber party at my BFF's and it's been a blast. I forgot what it felt like to live so close to the school, and to the hitting shed. I've definitely been taking advantage of it, just in the last couple of days, I've hit about 20 buckets of balls on my own. I asked coach if he could just make me a copy of the key, since I always have to call him to borrow it, he said he'll work something out because i am a team shepherd and all.
My BFF bought an air mattress, so I practically have a bed now, but Megan said the only way I am going to be able to stay there is if I chip in on rent.... so, I don't know what I am going to do, I'll probably just write a fake check....
Well readers, I don't have much else to update you on, other than the fact that I am getting skinnier. I haven't weighed myself lately, but I feel skinnier, if I had to guess, and knowing my own body, I've probably lost about 3 lbs... I'll let you know for sure with the next blog...
This is Batey... signing off....

No comments: