Sunday, March 2, 2008

Giving the people what they want...

Well, it's been a long, long break from posting and I can genuinely say, I'm sorry. I've had a lot on my plate with the softball season being officially underway as well as being put on the Vikki's work schedule EVERY day this week. I normally do not work on Fridays, and this Friday put me in a bit over my head..
The term "run 20 poles" is slowly becoming an ah too firmiliar phrase echoeing in my mind as softball conditioning has become a routine. Our consistency in the weight room has also picked up, which I think has to do with the fact that Cuchota wants us to make some considerable gains before conference play starts. I will be happy to inform him that the only gain I will be making will be when I wash my clothes with Gain detergent... otherwise I'm dropping lbs like it's no tomorrow.
In other news, John and I are doing great, he is taking his night classes rather seriously, as his term winds down. Avery is as cute as a button, blowing kisses left and right, and Sham Sham? She's great.
Back to the softball squad, since it's who I spend a majority of my time with... I would like to comment briefly on practice Friday. I do not believe I have EVER stood in the rain for 2 hours before, and can't say that I would ever do it again. To say that we would play in that sort of weather is to say that Hilary Clinton would be a great President, it's not ethical. So, not only did I look and smell like a wet dog, my body was in survival mode. I will not comment further on the thoughts that went through my mind in that two hour span, but just let your imagination do the work.
As far as Nikki, I haven't heard a lick out of her. I suppose she is doing good. She is coming down in a few weeks for a little spring break action, and I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I don't have a paper chain counting off the days. I also don't know if you heard but BRASHLEY are official once again, and I am beside myself. It seems as though all is right in the world again.

I have recently been inspired by a team called "radical reality" I just saw them doing a gig a few nights ago, and am inspired. I couldn't exactly put my finger on what I wanted to do with my life after graduation, but it has now become evident to me that being a part of their team, is exactly what I want to do. As a young child it was always my dream to break bricks, bend frying pans into tacos, etc. and now I finally have a shot. I thought I would have to go to California to get my big break, but it looks like California has come to me. I talked to Terry and the guys afterwards, and they are looking for a girl to be on the team, I says, sign me up buttercup. So, I should be getting my track suit in the mail in a few weeks, and once again will be a part of a team traveling squad. My contract starts in May, and I can't wait to tell my family.. but first things first, I need to update my player bio on gowarriorsgo.com so that all my friends and family can know that dreams really do come true!
...This is Batey signing off.....

No comments: